Friday, December 19, 2008

Afternoon run 12/19/2008

Well I made a quick run down to Roaring River this afternoon. I got there about 11:30. There were maybe 30 fishermen on the river. I started down in the fly area. The river is running a little lower right now. The fish are doing the scatter moves. You cast around a group of fish and they scatter!!! There were three people down in the fly area. Not a lot of big fish down there. I caught five fish and went up around the lodge. Gary Bates was there. We talked a while. The fish were hungry up there. I started catching a lot of small ones which is still fun. About everywhere I stopped I caught a few fish. I went around by the falls and caught a bunch! I missed a hog big time. He swam right up and bit the Killer worm and I set the hook and nothing!!! Bummer!!! I ended up catching about 30+ fish and had a blast. The weather was nice for this time of year. 40'S and partly sunny. Sold two rods in two days. Thanks!!!!

No comments: