Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hunting and Fishing

It's been a great weekend already. I got to go with a bunch of guys from work up to central Missouri for some outdoor fun. We got drawn for the HaHa Tonka special hunt. I wasn't going to hunt but I still wanted to get out with the guys and enjoy their company. We were successful. Had a blast with them. We went squirrel hunting on Friday. I was the only one to get any. Got three and lost one in a old snag. They got up Sat morning to go hunting and I got up and went trout fishing a Bennett Springs. The river was in great shape and the fish were plentiful. Met Marshall and Mike there. It was great to see them. Met another rod builder from Nixa. Really nice guy and his friends also. The weather was cold but we were bound and determined to fish. It really wasn't that bad but it did start getting colder!! A lot colder!! We had a great time fishing and catching!! I decided to leave about 10:30 and head to the house and see my girls. I was really missing them!! It's great to get away but there is no place like home!!!!!! Oh yea!! We stayed in a really nice place on Niangua River called Niangua Campground. Really a great place to go. The cabins were really nice for a bunch of guys. Price was right also!! I've got rods to build and girls to hug so we'll see you later. Tight lines!!!

No comments: